The boiler is the beating heart of a steam locomotive and to keep the construction of No. 2007 Prince of Wales on schedule for completion in 2021 we need to place the order for the boiler in 2015 for delivery in 2018. It is our desire if possible to complete No. 2007 debt-free and so we have decided to launch The Boiler Club to raise £600,000 to fund Prince of Wales’s boiler.
No. 2007’s boiler in detail:
· Use of diagram 118A Tornado boiler with detailed modifications to improve overhaul life
· Interchangeable with Tornado’s boiler
· Tornado’s boiler is 17in shorter than the original class P2’s boiler – No. 2007’s smoke box will be extended within the cladding
· 250psi of No. 60163’s boiler will be retained to improve economy and increase maximum power.
Following the success of The Founders Club, which was designed to get to the P2 Project to the point of cutting No. 2007’s frames, we have decided to establish The Boiler Club to fund the construction of Prince of Wales’s boiler. We set an initial target for The Founders Club of at least £100,000 from 100 ‘Founders’ but due to the overwhelming generosity of our supporters we actually raised £460,000 from over 360 donors. It is our desire to leave No. 2007 Prince of Wales debt free upon completion and therefore our aim is to raise at least £600,000 for The Boiler Club from 300 supporters each donating £2,000 to the project (in up to 40 payments of £50 by standing order). For further information download the leaflet here.
Special benefits for members of The Boiler Club:
• Opportunity to buy ticket (seat already reserved) on No. 2007’s first main line train
• Reasonable access to No. 2007 at all times
• Opportunity to buy exclusive Boiler Club badge
• Opportunity to join one of the teams building No. 2007
• First choice of other components to sponsor
· Special limited edition version (signed/numbered) of the first official painting of No. 2007 Prince of Wales with No. 60163 Tornado by renowned railway artist Chris Ludlow
• Special Boiler Club day with Tornado
Chris Ludlow with the painting of Prince of Wales and Tornado – Rob Morland
If you would like to support No. 2007 Prince of Wales joining The Boiler Club then the forms below will enable you to do so:
Joining The Boiler Club by making a single donation. This form confirms your personal data and your £2,000 donation – please DOWNLOAD, print out, complete and return it to us with a cheque for £2,000 made payable to “A1 SLT – P2 Construction Fund” at the address shown.
Joining The Boiler Club by making multiple donations by Standing Order. This first form confirms your personal data and the amount that you would like to donate – please DOWNLOAD, print out, complete and return it to us at the address shown. This second form confirms your bank details, please DOWNLOAD, complete in full and return it along with the monthly donation form, we will then forward it to your bank.