A P2 for the price of a pint of beer a week!
Our concept when we began building No. 60163 Tornado in 1990 was that it should be funded by a large number of affordable, regular donations. Supporters could covenant (donate) just the equivalent of the price of a pint of beer per week. In those days, beer cost £1.25 a pint in the North East of England. Much of the Tornado as you see her today has been funded by this means – a lot of people contributing a small amount on a regular basis. They provided most of the funds which put Tornado onto the main line.
Covenants disappeared at the beginning of the century but were replaced by Gift Aid. As a registered charity, this enables us to claim back, from HMRC, the tax that you have paid on your donations. For example, for every £10.00 that you donate, we could claim an additional £2.50, making your contribution worth £12.50. You can see full details here – please share this with your friends!
Our ‘P2 for the price of a pint of beer a week’ donation scheme has over 930 participants and raises over £200,000 per annum.
Please come on board and help speed the construction of No. 2007 Prince of Wales with a donation made by standing order. In recognition of their support, regular donors receive:
- Opportunity to buy ticket (seat already reserved) on one of the first trains hauled by No. 2007 Prince of Wales
- Reasonable access to No. 2007 at all times
- Print of the launch painting of Prince of Wales by Jonathan Clay
- Opportunity to join one of the teams building No. 2007
- Monthly e-newsletter Mikado Messenger
- Invitation to the annual convention and other exclusive events
- Covenantor card and opportunity to buy exclusive tie
- Your name inscribed on the Roll of Honour at Darlington Locomotive Works
If you would like to support No. 2007 by making a regular donation from as little as £2.50 per week then the forms below will enable you to do so. There are two forms to download:
This first form confirms your personal data and the amount that you would like to donate – please DOWNLOAD, print out, complete and return it to us at the address shown.
This second form confirms your bank details, please DOWNLOAD, complete in full and return it along with the monthly donation form, we will then forward it to your bank.
Within a couple of years, No. 2007 looked like a locomotive – Mandy Grant