The list of shows and events for 2020
We will be holding a series of roadshows across Great Britain in 2020. The A1 Steam Locomotive Trust, also the builders, owners and operators of 100mph famous new steam locomotive No. 60163 Tornado, has announced that it will be holding a number of presentations on the project to build new Gresley class P2 No. 2007 Prince of Wales in 2020. Entry into each roadshow is free with the first at Darlington Locomotive Works, Darlington on Saturday 18th January 2020.
The first Roadshow is at Darlington Locomotive Works, Darlington. Each presentation will feature key Trust personnel including Mark Allatt (P2 Project Director) and/or David Elliott (Director of Engineering) and will cover the background to the project, progress to-date, future plans and details of how to get involved. The presentation will start promptly at 11:00hrs until 13:00hrs* on each of the days listed below and are open to existing supporters and members of the public:
- 21st March – Great Northern Hotel, Peterborough – POSTPONED
- 18th April – Darlington Locomotive Works – POSTPONED
- 23rd May – Nene Valley Railway, Wansford* – POSTPONED
- 6th June – Hallmark Hotel, Carlisle – POSTPONED
- 4th July – Darlington Locomotive Works
- 23rd July – Jurys Inn Aberdeen, Aberdeen – POSTPONED
- 22nd August – Darlington Locomotive Works
- 3rd October – Darlington Locomotive Works
- 10th October – Great Northern Hotel, Peterborough
- 21st November – Darlington Locomotive Works
* Please contact the office (01325 460163) for timings as these are being planned around trains hauled by No. 60163 Tornado.
For more information contact: Leigh Taylor –