The Dedicated Donations scheme is a unique opportunity for former A1 Dedicated Donors, existing Covenantors, and members of The Founders Club and The Boiler Club to be associated with a component of No. 2007 Prince of Wales. Just as with No. 60163 Tornado, supporters will have the satisfaction of seeing the part paid for when the new Gresley class P2 enters service. Supporters who subscribe to the scheme will receive the following special benefits:
• Their name(s) inscribed on the official roll of honour at Darlington Locomotive Works listing the components sponsored
• Receive a certificate and a copy of the drawing of the component.
Examples of the components available to sponsor include:
• A ‘Drag box wing plate LH rolling and profiling’ for £50
• One of the 18 spokes of the 6ft2in driving wheels for either £600 (or £25pm for 24 months)
• One of the 6ft 2in driving wheel casting and proof machining for £12,000 (or £200pm for 60 months)
• The Frame stay between inner and outer rear frames RH polystyrene pattern for £300 (or £12.50 for 24 months)
You can view further examples of components available to sponsor here.
New components available for sponsorship will become available as construction progresses. The Dedicated Donation scheme has already raised in excess of £100,000 since it was launched in 2014. To secure your chosen component contact the Dedicated Donations team (Mark & Mandy Grant) on In addition Facebook subscribers can follow the Dedicated Donations page for the ‘component of the week’ here.
Some of the many components available for sponsorship – David Elliott