The objective of The Founders Club was to raise the funds for the acquisition and cutting of the frames for new Gresley class P2 class No. 2007 Prince of Wales.
Members of The Founders Club each donated £1,000 (in up to four payments of £250 by standing order) allowing the purchase of the steel and subsequent cutting to take place in May 2014. In return for this commitment and as well as being the first contributors to this exciting project, members will receive these exclusive benefits:
- Opportunity to buy a ticket (seat already reserved) on No. 2007’s first main line train
- Reasonable access to No. 2007 at all times
- Opportunity to buy exclusive Founders Club tie
- Opportunity to join one of the teams building No. 2007
- First choice of components to sponsor
- Special limited edition version (signed/numbered) of the first official painting of No. 2007 Prince of Wales by Jonathan Clay
- Special Founders Club day with Tornado
Having reached over 360 members and raised £460,000 by July 2014, The Founders Club is now closed for new membership.